At St Augustine’s, we aim to be welcoming and accessible to all. Please speak to one of our Welcome team (wearing lanyards) if you need help at any time.
- There is ramped access to the main entrance of the Church.
- The main door has automatic opening from the outside and push-button activated controls on the inside and on the internal doors from the entrance foyer to the Church and the Lantern Room.
- There is level access in the Nave (the main body of the church where the pews are), the Lady Chapel and in the Lantern Room.
- There are three steps with handrails up to the Chancel (where the organ and choir pews are) and the Altar.
- There is a large accessible toilet in the entrance foyer.
- There is a carpark in front of the Church which has a number of dedicated disabled parking spaces.
- A number of pews in the middle of the nave have been removed providing space for wheelchairs as well as chairs for those who find it difficult to sit on pews. There is also plenty of space at the front and back of the church for wheelchairs and in the central aisle if you prefer. The side aisles should be kept clear of wheelchairs and pushchairs if possible.
- During Communion services, there is a distribution station in front of the pulpit which avoids the chancel steps, or the bread and wine can be brought to where you are sitting. During services, please feel free to sit at any time.
- There is a folding wheelchair and walking frame available at the back of the church should you need them.
- Service liturgy, readings and song words are displayed on the screen at our main Ten Thirty Service on Sundays. We also have large print hard copies available if needed.
- A hearing loop is installed in the Church which is used for all services.
- Our Children and Youth teams are keen to support children with additional needs. Please talk to us so that we can best understand how we can help.
- We are aiming to become a Makaton-friendly church.
- A number of our church members are learning BSL and we have an active signing group.
- If you require any assistance or want to let us know how we can better support your needs, please speak to one of our Welcome team.
- A baby-changing table is available in the accessible toilet and there is toilet training equipment in the ladies and gentlemans toilets.
- A play area with toys is available near the back of the church.
- There is step-free access via the main entrance and throughout the building with the exception of the stage area.
- There are 2 dedicated disabled parking spaces. Please note that these are on a slope.
- There is an accessible toilet.
- The doors into the Small Hall and the Parish Office are standard width.
- There are 2 fire exits from the main hall – the one to the right has a ramp.
- There is a step from the large hall to the garden area.