HOW CAN I GIVE TO ST AUGUSTINE’S?
God is a generous God, and he gives us the opportunity to be generous people. Giving is part of our worship to Him, just like singing, serving, reading the Bible, and praying. You can give financially to God’s mission in our community in a number of ways.
GIVE REGULARLY BY STANDING ORDER
You can set up a standing order with your bank using these details:
Account Name: St Augustine of Hippo PCC
Account Number: 02489563
Sort Code: 30-94-55
Reference: <Your Name> or <Specific Fund>
If you are a UK taxpayer, please email us at email@example.com with your full name, address and post code, to confirm that you are happy for us to claim Gift Aid (25% of the value of your giving extra from the government at no extra cost to you) on your donations. Please notify us immediately if you wish to cancel your Gift Aid, change your address, or stop paying income tax and/or capital gains tax above the sum of Gift Aid claimed.
You can make a pledge, or let us know you’re starting up or changing your giving here!
If you need help setting up a standing order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your generosity!
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE
- Payroll Giving – Through your employer’s payroll giving scheme ‘Give As You Earn’ (GAYE only applies if your employer runs such a scheme – your Human Resources department can provide details on this. For higher rate tax payers then please also see the section below under ‘tax efficient giving’).
- Givt – You can give using via your Smartphone using the Givt App. (After entering the amount, select ‘List’ and search for ‘St Augustine’s Ipswich’)
- Cheque/Charity Voucher – If you would like to send us a cheque or a giving voucher, please make it payable to ‘St Augustine of Hippo PCC’ and send to the Parish Office at the address on our website.
RAISE MONEY FOR FREE
You can help raise money for St Augustine’s at no cost to yourself by using Easy Fundraising, Give As You Live, or Amazon Smile when you do your everyday shopping. Sign up using the links below to start fundraising for free!
Easy Fundraising: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/staugustinesipswich/?utm_campaign=raise-more&utm_content=fb1
Give As You Live: https://www.giveasyoulive.com/join/the-parochial-church-council-of-the-ecclesiastical-parish-of-st-augustine-ipswich/1131319/0?utm_source=charitytoolkit&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=CTJoinLink
Amazon Smile: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1131319-0
TO LEAVE A LEGACY
If you are considering making a bequest to St Augustine’s or have already included a gift to St Augustine’s in your will and would like to talk to somebody or require more information, then please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or contact the Parish Office This information will be treated in confidence and is not binding in any way. General information is also available from the Church of England’s legacy giving website at www.churchlegacy.org.uk.
TAX EFFICIENT GIVING
- If you pay UK tax (Income or Capital Gains Tax) and would like us to be able to claim back the basic rate tax through the government’s gift aid scheme, you will need to fill in, sign and return to us an ongoing Gift Aid declaration if you have not done so already. The benefit to St Augustines is that we can recover the basic rate of income tax, currently 25p for each pound given at no extra cost to you. (If you pay higher rate tax, you may recover this through your own tax return.)
- Higher rate UK tax payers and payroll giving: if you pay higher or additional rate tax, you may recover this through your own tax return, alternatively, you may pass on this extra tax to St Augustines by giving via your employer’s payroll giving scheme (Payroll Giving).
- If you are a UK higher rate (40%) or additional rate (45%) income tax payer and you give to St Augustines directly and allow us to reclaim the basic rate tax through Gift Aid then you may recover, through your tax return, the difference between the basic rate tax that St Augustines recovers and higher or additional rate that you have paid. Alternatively, if you give via Payroll Giving then, because you are giving “pre-tax”, you are able to pass on the full benefit of your tax to St Augustines immediately; so if you are a higher rate taxpayer St Augustines will receive 42p more per £1 of donation and for additional rate taxpayers, St Augustines will receive 57p more per £1 of donation than if you give through Gift Aid. Because these donations are made “pre-tax”, St Augustine’s does not have to reclaim the tax that you pay via Gift Aid, this means that you have to build in the “tax-back” element to your donation.
- For example, if you are a higher rate taxpayer and currently give St Augustines £300 a month, St Augustine’s is able to claim £75 of your tax back via Gift Aid. If you donate £500 via Payroll Giving you will receive £300 less pay each month, meaning your £500 donation will cost you the same as your current giving, but St Augustines will receive £125 more. The same result can be achieved by you filling in a self assessment tax return and re-claiming the difference between the tax recovered via Gift Aid and the tax that you have actually paid but requires you to actually fill in a tax return and takes longer for the gift to be received.
You can sign up for Gift Aid here!