This parish recognises that the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults is paramount and that we have a duty of care when they are in our charge. We will do everything that we can to provide a safe and caring environment whilst they attend our activities.
- Treat all children, young people and vulnerable adults and groups with respect and celebrate their achievements.
- Recruit and select all those working with children, young people and vulnerable adults or groups on our behalf in accordance with Church of England Practice Guidance on Safer Recruitment.
- Provide a code of conduct for all staff to include the assessment of risk for key roles when working with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Respond to concerns and allegations without delay in accordance with Diocesan Safeguarding procedures.
When there is a disclosure of harm or there are concerns about the welfare of any children, young person or vulnerable adult, all adults in our church community are expected to share their concerns and allegations with one of the following:
- Ann Boxall – Parish Safeguarding Officer
- Gail Minter – Parish Safeguarding Officer
More information on how you can report any safeguarding concerns is available from The Diocese of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich at http://www.cofesuffolk.org/concerns-and-contacts
The PCC of St Augustine of Hippo, Ipswich formally adopted House of Bishops’ ‘Promoting a Safer Church on March 6th 2018; a copy of the safeguarding policy statement and contact details can be seen here.